|Category||Ui/ux Design||Job type||Temporary|
About the role
At Tesco our focus is on the customer and sowe are looking for an AssociateUX Researcher to advocate the needs of the customer to the wider business, challenging
user experience problems that impact millions of customersand inspire others to follow suit.
Youwillbe workingwith our multidisciplinary team made up ofUXDesigners,ProductManagers,data analysts, Marketing andTechnologyteamstoshapethecustomer experience.
You area natural problem solver whohas experience ina range of research methodsand have demonstrated ability inturning research findings into actionable user centreddesign and product goals.
As our ideal candidate,you have apassion for understanding people, their motivations, their behaviours and the challenges they face. You haveexcellent observational and analytical skills, the ability to collaborate with other teams, and a relentless determination to do what is right for customers.You will be responsible forthe Research Operations of the UX Research Team. You will also be identifyingcustomer needs and deliveringinsights that inform thedevelopment of compellinguser-friendlyinterfaces and digital products.
You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures. You will be:
• Leading in designing & conducting research to provide user-centred, insight driven recommendations across our Online and Store portfolios. Inclusive of; writing research briefs, defining research plans and timelines, conducting qual & quant studies, analysis of results, verbal and written reporting, presentation to stakeholders.
• Collaborating with other teams e.g. Online UX Design Team and Product owners to understand key business requirements and priorities
• Exhibiting the ability to apply a range of UX research methods and turn research findings into actionable recommendations
• Contributing to the advancement of best practices in UI/UX design research by sharing knowledge, insights and processes
• Supporting the UX researchers with workflow and project management by facilitatingprioritisation, identifying milestones, identifying risk, streamlining comms and ensuring the team has the resources it needs.
• Evangelisingresearch practicesstandards across the team.
• Identifying and rectifying workflow issuese.g. coordinating research activities and lab booking
• Raising the profile of the UX Research Team by identifying and sharing success stories and helping stakeholders understand the team's value and contribution.
• Assisting with organising and facilitating team meetings and activities
• Assisting with maintaining tools, playbooks and the effective onboarding of new team members.
• Assisting with managing relationships with external parties, such as vendors. Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence.
You will need
You'll need to have demonstrated experience of:
• Having a sound awareness of UX methodology and practices
• Havinghad hands-on experience with a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods and techniques (such as usability testing, ethnography, contextual enquiry, creation of user personas, journey mapping, surveys, competitor analysis, heuristics).
• Understanding of user-centred design principlesand their application to interface and service design
• Knowing what Agile and Lean practices and approaches are
• Understanding of the trade-offs between user needs, business requirements and technical constraints.
• Creating Research Plans to identify key milestone deliverables to peers and senior level stakeholders
• University degree of 2:1or higher in human-computer interaction (HCI),arelated fielde.g. Designor equivalent years of professional experience
• Using software tools for bothlabbased and remote user testing e.g. UserTesting.com, Optimal Workshop, Morae,Tobii,InVision. Experience in Usability / UXlab basedtesting is desirable.
• Flexibility, ability to plan and organise, responsiveness, creativity, self-starterwith good time management
• Able to build solid working relationships with peers and senior leadership
• Ability to demonstrate strong written, verbal communication and presentation skills
• Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively