What's in it for you
About the role
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted "Gympass" membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- LifeAssurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join our 'Buy As You Earn' & 'Save As You Earn' share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Cafe
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
You will lead and motivate your team to communicate with our customers, offering expert sales advice and support to make sure that we sell them the best deal that meets their requirements, delivers unbeatable value, a great shopping experience and earns their lifetime loyalty.
Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date. You will be responsible for
You will need
- You will listen to customers and act on their feedback in a timely manner, following up on all complaints ensuring your team are clear on the role they play in improving the shopping experience based on customer feedback.
- You will deliver a great shopping trip for customers every day, making sure your team are working effectively as per the Tesco operating model.
- You will engage your team to deliver the best availability for customers throughout the day, spending time with the Stock and Admin manager to ensure that weekly RFID counts are completed.
- You will encourage your team to be passionate about our products, and ensure that our product range is presented well, maintaining correct handling and storage routines.
- You will create a first impression in your area for customers that you can be proud of, coaching your team to maintain shelf standards in the most efficient way, so customers can see and reach the product.
- You will lead the service culture in your department, always role modelling helpful and friendly service behaviours and demonstrating your enthusiasm to do what is right for our customers.
- You will actively control costs on your department and deliver your budgets, leading your team to minimise all aspects of waste and complete waste routines accurately.
- You will work with the business to grow sales, ensuring the successful implementation of scheduled range and merchandising activities in your department.
- You will engage your team to participate in bringing benefits to the local community, encouraging them to actively participate in our local community strategies.
- You will make sure your team are trained and have the confidence to approach customers and give them unbeatable value by selling the right products at the right price.
- You will work shoulder to shoulder with your team, your Area Manager and the management team to coach on what good looks like for the Phone Shop, working together to achieve shared success.
- You will celebrate success with your team and have pride in their achievements, being a caring manager and treating everyone with respect, helping your team to make the difference for customers and staff.
- Interacting with People
- Establishing relationships and maintaining contacts with people from a wide variety of backgrounds.
- Customer Focus
- Understanding the needs of the internal or external customer and keeping them in mind when taking actions or making decisions.
- Decision Making
- Making decisions at the appropriate time, taking into account the needs of the situation, priorities, constraints and the availability of necessary information.
- Working co-operatively (rather than competitively) with others to achieve a common goal.
We're proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life to help improve and develop our team every day.
Tesco will only recruit individuals who have passed the school leavers age. To find out the school leavers age for your country please visit the following link; https://www.gov.uk/know-when-you-can-leave-school
Please note that we can only accept candidates over the age of 18 if the role requires working before 6am or after 10pm or involves working in areas such as the warehouse, beers, wines & spirits, counters, bakery and driving roles Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.
For more information about us please visit www.tescoplc.com