What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
About the role
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted "Gympass" membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- LifeAssurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join our 'Buy As You Earn' & 'Save As You Earn' share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Cafe
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
The Supply Chain Development team is part of Tesco's Supply Chain Function.We're a hybrid team of Product Managers, Delivery Managers and Product Analysts dedicated to developing the platforms and decisions used throughout Tesco's supply chain to ensure that we have products available at the right time in the right place, without making sacrifices in terms of our food waste credentials and our balance sheet.
This role is specifically focused on our growing enterprise and B2B web app that enables Tesco and its supplier partners to manage the end to end supply chain in a strategic and sustainable way.You will work with the Lead Product Manager and other Product Managers for the area plus a multitude of other product teams and stakeholders internationally across the Tesco Group to deliver step change for customers, colleagues, supplier partners and the business P&L.
This is an opportunity to work in a very popular and in-demand team that prides itself on the way its product, engineering and design community comes together. We are strong believers that our heavy focus on our agile culture and ways of working sets us up to deliver success.
The Hiring Manager for this role is Tom Reeves. You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures;
You will need
- Help to determine the strategy and vision for collaborative supply chain management by working with other Product Managers, the Lead and Head of Product to deliver an experience that is best-in-class, whilst also delivering against our supply chain KPIs.
- You must be able to understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for your area and their pain points really well.
- Be able to effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/ epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered within sprints.
- Steer sprint planning sessions by working with yourengineering counterparts to plan sprints that deliver maximum business value in least effort.
- Accountable for identifying the key measures of success (OKRs) and the resulting performance & adoption of yourarea of the product
- Work alongside research, design, analytics and engineering teams to design and develop solutions to solve real user needs.
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team(s) on short-term tasks/ near-term priorities
- Relentlessly measure and communicate value created to all stakeholders, all the time.
- Work as part of a wider product team, with a culture for shared goals and innovation, coaching others and sharing best practices from your own experience.
- Working across different dependent product teams to align roadmaps and deliver features in a vertical/full stack fashion.
- Presenting and showcasing your product feature sets and OKRs to senior stakeholders
Skills relevant for the job:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A methodical/analytical approach and great problem-solving skills.
- Use good prioritisation techniques to refine and groom your backlog.
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn new product area/domain quickly.
- Great presentation and persuasion skills.
- Team player who could work collaboratively with other members of the team.
- Empathy and good listening skills to understand the needs and pain points of your customers andstakeholders.
- Understanding of User Research/Design Thinking concepts.
- Numerate and confident handling data.
Experience relevant for this job:
- 2+ years' experience in product management roles in enterprise, B2B and/or B2C products
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies and strong technical acumen.
- A/B tests and/or other quantitative optimisation techniques.
- Supply chain or retail experience desirable, but not essential.
- Experience using JIRA, Aha! & GitHub desired but not essential.
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management.
- Knowledge and experience of current software development methodologies and processes.
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is 'Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'. Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
At Tesco, inclusion means that Everyone's Welcome. Everyone is treated fairly and with respect; by valuing individuality and uniqueness we create a sense of belonging.
Diversity and inclusion have always been at the heart of Tesco. It is embedded in our values: we treat people how they want to be treated. We always want our colleagues to feel they can be themselves at work and we are committed to helping them be at their best.
Across the Tesco group we are building an inclusive workplace, a place to actively celebrate the cultures, personalities and preferences of our colleagues - who in turn help to build the success of our business and reflect the diversity of the communities we serve.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.