What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work! These include but are not limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme.
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays).
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution.
- LifeAssurance - 5 x contractual pay.
- Great colleague deals and discounts, saving you money on everyday purchases, eating out and utility bills for the home.
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award winningtraining, to help you achieve the job and career you want.
Click here to read more about the benefits we have available for our colleagues. About the role
The Supply Chain Development team is part of Tesco's Supply Chain Function. We're a hybrid team of Product Managers, Delivery Managers and Product Analysts dedicated to developing the platforms and decisions used throughout Tesco's supply chain to ensure that we have products available at the right time in the right place, without making sacrifices in terms of our food waste credentials and our balance sheet.
This role is specifically focused on our growing enterprise and B2B web app that enables Tesco and its supplier partners to manage the end to end supply chain in a strategic and sustainable way. You will work with the Lead Analytics Manager and other Product Managers for the area plus a multitude of other product teams and stakeholders internationally across the Tesco Group to deliver step change for customers, colleagues, supplier partners and the business P&L.
This is an opportunity to work in a very popular and in-demand team that prides itself on the way its product, engineering and design community comes together. We are strong believers that our heavy focus on our agile culture and ways of working sets us up to deliver success.
The Hiring Manager for this role is Jonathan French. You will be responsible for
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business, the following provides an overview of the role's key responsibilities and measures:
You will need
- Help to determine the strategy and vision for collaborative supply chain management by working with other Product Managers, the Lead Analytics Manager and Head of Product to deliver an experience that is best-in-class, whilst also delivering against our supply chain KPIs.
- You must be able to understand key user personas, customers & stakeholders for your area and their pain points really well.
- Be able to effectively document and explain new requirements to the engineering team using user stories, personas, and acceptance tests and help the team in breaking down a complex piece of work/epic into smaller, deliverable chunks of value that can be delivered within sprints.
- Steer sprint planning sessions by working with your engineering counterparts to plan sprints that deliver maximum business value in least effort.
- Accountable for identifying the key measures of success (OKRs) and the resulting performance & adoption of your area of the product.
- Work alongside research, design, analytics and engineering teams to design and develop solutions to solve real user needs.
- Provide leadership and direction to cross functional team(s) on short-term tasks/near-term priorities.
- Relentlessly measure and communicate value created to all stakeholders, all the time.
- Work as part of a wider product team, with a culture for shared goals and innovation, coaching others and sharing best practices from your own experience.
- Working across different dependent product teams to align roadmaps and deliver features in a vertical/full stack fashion.
- Presenting and showcasing your product feature sets and OKRs to senior stakeholders.
Skills relevant for the job:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A methodical/analytical approach and great problem-solving skills.
- Good prioritisation techniques to refine and groom your backlog.
- Attitude and the aptitude to learn a new product area/domain quickly.
- Great presentation and persuasion skills.
- Team player who can work collaboratively with other members of the team.
- Empathy and good listening skills to understand the needs and pain points of your customers and stakeholders.
- Understanding of User Research and Design Thinking concepts.
- Numerate and confident handling data.
Experience relevant for this job
- 2+ years' experience in product management roles in enterprise, B2B and/or B2C products.
- Knowledge and experience of product management best practice and methodologies and strong technical acumen.
- A/B tests and/or other quantitative optimisation techniques.
- Supply chain or retail experience desirable, but not essential.
- Experience using JIRA, Aha! & GitHub desired but not essential.
- Good knowledge in the use of Tools & Techniques for Backlog prioritisation, managing dependencies and for gaining insights using available data points.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the technologies relevant to product management.
- Knowledge and experience of current software development methodologies and processes.
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is 'Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day'. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you. NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.