What's in it for you
About the role Shift pattern
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted "Gympass" membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- LifeAssurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join our 'Buy As You Earn' & 'Save As You Earn' share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Cafe
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
|Days ||From time ||To time |
|Mon ||22:00:00 ||07:00:00 |
|Tue ||22:00:00 ||04:00:00 |
|Wed ||22:00:00 ||07:00:00 |
|Fri ||22:00:00 ||07:00:00 |
|Sat ||22:00:00 ||07:00:00 |
Shift Pattern: Varies from day to day but are planned in advance Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details before your agreed start date.You will be responsible for
Becoming a manager in a Tesco Store gives you a driving role in Serving Britain's Shoppers a Little Better Everyday.
It's a chance to put your skills, experience and instincts to the test; chasing opportunities, finding better ways of working and getting things just right for our customers.
You'll be a role model, helping colleagues to know and love our products and services, involving everyone in community projects and proving just how much we can achieve together. You'll get to grow your own team - by spotting talent and giving them the feedback and support they need to be their best.
We'll look to you to maximise sales, impact and presentation for your department, while making sure everything is safe and compliant, and everyone's in the right place at the right time.
This role is what management should be; out of the office and leading from the front - on the store floor with your colleagues and customers. You will need
Do you have the attitude, aptitude and aspiration to be a great retail manager?
It's a role for those who love retail - but above all we need you to put people at the heart of everything you do. You will be:
- Talking to colleagues, to share and encourage new ideas and best practice
- Being warm and welcoming, taking time to recognise and listen to others
- Building a strong team spirit and a network of relationships that stretches beyond the store
Our best and most inspiring leaders have a natural ability to:
- Looking ahead and seizing opportunities
- Acting quickly to do what's right for colleagues and customers
- Thriving on change and leading people through it together
Knowing how to be at your best - and exceeding expectations About us
Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them.
We're proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone is welcome and truly feels able to be themselves. Our aim is to attract and welcome a diverse range applicants from all walks of life help improve and develop our team every day. Benefits Package
- Colleague Discount Card (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 6 months service with 10% off most purchases at Tesco.
- An annual bonus scheme where you could achieve up to 3.5% of eligibleearnings.
- The Tesco Retirement Savings Plan - save between 4% and 7.5%, and Tesco will match your contribution.
- Share Schemes
- Deals & Discounts through Tesco including Tesco Mobile & Tesco Bank
- Deals and Discounts through many other external businesses
For more information, please go to www.tescoplc.com