What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
About the role
- Annual bonus scheme where you can earn up to 5% of base salary
- Holiday starting at 20 days plus a personal day rising to 22 days after 12 months (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted "Gympass" membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- LifeAssurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join our 'Buy As You Earn' & 'Save As You Earn' share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Cafe
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
You will be a key part of the Buying team, supporting your Assistant Buyer and Buying Manager to ensure our customers can buy fantastic products that are great quality at great prices. You will be responsible for
You will need You will need:
- You will support Monday trade activity. Knowing and preparing best and worst products and assisting in trade meetings.
- Completing all admin tasks and range plan requirements necessary to for each product to meet CP deadlines.
- MPD tasks
- Liaising with hubs and suppliers to ensure CP is up to date, escalating issues and risks to deliveries.
- Management of samples including obtaining them from suppliers, preparing samples for meetings, sealing samples,storage and disposal.
- Managing the approvals process, viewing approvals through commercial eyes, understanding the vision for the final product and escalating concerns.
- Knowing when approval and fit decisions will effect CP and communicating this to the team.
- Conducting regular store/website visits, understanding and sharing competitor activity with the team.
- Assisting in team meetings such as pre- selections, sign offs and strategies by preparing rails and samples, capturing next step notes and issues.
- Knowing and liaising with dept suppliers and HUB contacts, supporting in supplier meetings.
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
Key Teams you will work with:
- Retail (ideally multi-channel) experience
- Passion for clothing product
- Analysis and report preparation skills
- Data analysis and numeracy skills
- Assistant Designers
- Assistant Merchandise Planners
- Technical team
Our vision at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is 'Serving our customers, communities and planet a little better every day'. Serving means more than a transactional relationship with our customers. It means acting as a responsible and sustainable business for all stakeholders, for the communities we are part of and for the planet.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week - combining office and remote working. Our offices will continue to be where we connect, collaborate and innovate. Please talk to us to about how this can work for you. NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.